Wafi sees rise in footfall
Dubai, July 27, 2010
Wafi, a top shopping and leisure destination in Dubai, is seeing a rise in footfall as well as in the number of stores participating in the ongoing Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) 2010, said a top official.
“The mall has definitely been busier compared to last year’s DSS and the reports on sales from our retailers have been very positive so far,” said Aser Al Baseer, PR and communications manager at Wafi, a key sponsor of DSS.
This year’s footfall has risen significantly since the promotions began in June, encouraging more stores to come onboard with large DSS discounts, he added.
DSS, which officially runs until August 7, but permits shops to remain on sale until mid-September, brings three months of discounts up to 75 per cent and fun packed activities to malls throughout Dubai, a statement said.
“Still to take place is Health and Hygiene, which will run in the mall from July 30 until August 7, and will include tips from doctors, nutritionists and dieticians, body fat analysis, fitness demonstrations and health check-ups,” Al Baseer continued.
“Participation is free and the stand will also feature competitions and activities to keep children occupied while adults revitalise their health regime.”
“There’s an exciting schedule of entertainment planned for the remaining weeks of DSS and we hope many more shoppers will come along to enjoy the fun and take advantage of the impressive discounts on offer,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices