Wafi sees rise in footfall
Dubai, July 27, 2010
Wafi, a top shopping and leisure destination in Dubai, is seeing a rise in footfall as well as in the number of stores participating in the ongoing Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) 2010, said a top official.
“The mall has definitely been busier compared to last year’s DSS and the reports on sales from our retailers have been very positive so far,” said Aser Al Baseer, PR and communications manager at Wafi, a key sponsor of DSS.
This year’s footfall has risen significantly since the promotions began in June, encouraging more stores to come onboard with large DSS discounts, he added.
DSS, which officially runs until August 7, but permits shops to remain on sale until mid-September, brings three months of discounts up to 75 per cent and fun packed activities to malls throughout Dubai, a statement said.
“Still to take place is Health and Hygiene, which will run in the mall from July 30 until August 7, and will include tips from doctors, nutritionists and dieticians, body fat analysis, fitness demonstrations and health check-ups,” Al Baseer continued.
“Participation is free and the stand will also feature competitions and activities to keep children occupied while adults revitalise their health regime.”
“There’s an exciting schedule of entertainment planned for the remaining weeks of DSS and we hope many more shoppers will come along to enjoy the fun and take advantage of the impressive discounts on offer,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- M&S to open first store in Lebanon
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest
- HP launches new printing solutions for SMBs
- LG unveils new smart TV line-up in Bahrain
- Huawei unveils new smartphone range
- Dubai keeps rank as 2nd biggest retail market
- Samsung unveils 2013 Smart TVs Lineup
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Givori launches customised iPhone