Sony unveils new handheld game device
Tokyo, January 27, 2011
Sony Corp unveiled a new handheld gaming device on Thursday as it battles with Nintendo Co Ltd's best-selling DS and tries to fend off rising competition from smartphones and tablets.
Sony said it has codenamed the new device "NGP" for Next Generation Portable.
The announcement came the same day Nintendo is expected to report a slide in quarterly profits.
Sales of Nintendo's ageing DS handheld are tumbling ahead of the launch of its glasses-free 3D-capable version next month. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bossini unveils ‘Winnie the Pooh’ collection
- Dubai retailer MAF mulls $1bn investments
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- BlackBerry 10 Jam in Jordan
- Majid Al Futtaim to buy Carrefour's 25pc stake
- Carrefour to divest 25pc stake in ME venture
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- RedTag relaunches store in Bahrain
- Rasasi launches new fragrance
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console