Sony unveils new handheld game device
Tokyo, January 27, 2011
Sony Corp unveiled a new handheld gaming device on Thursday as it battles with Nintendo Co Ltd's best-selling DS and tries to fend off rising competition from smartphones and tablets.
Sony said it has codenamed the new device "NGP" for Next Generation Portable.
The announcement came the same day Nintendo is expected to report a slide in quarterly profits.
Sales of Nintendo's ageing DS handheld are tumbling ahead of the launch of its glasses-free 3D-capable version next month. - Reuters
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November
- New shopping mall opens in Bahrain
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman