Damas signs Nancy Ajram to endorse brand
Dubai, July 18, 2011
Damas, a leading jewellery and watch retailer in the region, has signed multi-platinum Lebanese singer Nancy Ajram to be the brand ambassador for its popular jewellery brand Farfasha.
The singer will represent the brand on a Pan Arab level, in what is expected to be the biggest launch in the history of the Farfasha brand.
“We are extremely pleased to announce the return of Nancy Ajram as the face of Farfasha. Nancy is someone that consumers connect to very well, as she embodies the core attributes of this fast-growing brand – youthfulness, vibrancy and success. Her popular face will further energize Farfasha and position it as an iconic brand internationally,” said Anan Fakhreddin, the CEO of Damas.
“This announcement also signals the strengthening of Damas’ industry leadership position, as we are ready to take the market by storm with this new collection,” Fakhreddin added.
Damas initially launched the Farfasha brand in 2006 to showcase a trendy and colourful gold jewellery line to fashion conscious consumers. It was the first major jewellery collection in the Middle East to incorporate a wide variety of colours and shapes in the jewellery design, and went on to become Damas’ most popular brand.
The new Farfasha product range, which is due for release in mid-September, will reflect the next generation in product design for this brand. Vivacity, femininity and style are core elements of the new collection, which will be available at all price points.
The collection will soon be available at all Damas outlets across the Middle East, a statement said.
“Consumer insights revealed that the connection between Farfasha and Nancy Ajram is still very strong. Ladies identify with Nancy’s attributes as a successful, feminine, modern woman and this jewellery brand reflects these exact attributes. The decision to sign Nancy was very clear for us,” Fakhreddin concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector