Canon launches new photo printer
Dubai, September 25, 2011
Canon Middle East has announced the launch of its high-performance Pixma iP4950, a photo printer ideal for professionals and families looking to create quality documents and photos at impressive speeds.
Replacing the highly successful Pixma iP4850, the new Pixma iP4950, incorporates leading printing technology and innovative features, including full HD movie print and easy-photoprint, the company said.
Specialised features, including eco information and auto duplex print, ensures that reducing the environmental impact of printing is easier than ever before, the company said in a statement.
The Pixma iP4950 comes equipped with a range of standout features, enabling owners to show their creative side. Updated HD print lets users merge frames from full HD movies captured on Canon Digital still cameras and Canon Digital SLRs, giving a sense of motion to printed still photos.
The newly introduced layout print mode also lets users select a small movie clip and use a comic-strip effect to print a storyboard, the statement said.
Easy-PhotoPrint EX software, which uses favourite images to print photos, calendars and albums, now features the fun filter effect, which provides a selection of instant photo effects, including blurring backgrounds and applying a soft focus or fish-eye effect, with the touch of a button.
Photos can even be transformed so that they appear to be of small-scale models with the miniature effect, or as if they were photographed using a pin-hole camera with the toy camera effect, it said.
To reduce the environmental impact of printing, the Pixma iP4950 features auto duplex print which automatically prints documents on both sides of the paper, helping reduce unnecessary wastage.
The new eco information feature provides a visual display of how much CO2 and paper is being saved when auto duplex is selected. The Pixma iP4950 also utilises a five single ink system which makes it easy to replace each ink tank as required and reduce overall ink wastage, keeping costs down.
It features Canon’s advanced fine print technology, with a minimum 1pl droplet and up to 9600dpi print engine, capable of producing professional quality prints and sharp and vivid text based documents, the statement said.
Photos and documents are printed rapidly; the Pixma iP4950 has an enhanced ISO ESAT print speed of 12.5ipm for mono, 9.3ipm for colour, and produces a borderless 10x15cm photo in approximately 20 seconds.
The printer also features enhanced direct disc printing, with a new range of templates for disc labels and case covers available to customise for a truly personalised CD and DVD disc collection. The Pixma iP4950 is available across Europe. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal