Carrefour opens store in Dubai Marina
Dubai, April 23, 2012
Carrefour, the world’s second largest retailer, operated in the region through a joint venture with Majid Al Futtaim Group, recently opened its new store at Marina Silverine near the Dubai Marina Mall.
The supermarket is the 20th Carrefour Market to open in the UAE and the second in the Dubai Marina, following the outlet at Marina Crown transformation from a Carrefour Express to the new-look Carrefour Market last year.
In the summer of 2011, Carrefour MAF began a rebranding and expansion programme with 17 Carrefour Express stores across the UAE becoming Carrefour Market supermarkets, highlighting the range of quality, freshness and a focus on low prices, convenience, a wider choice and improved customer service.
“The Dubai Marina is continuing to expand and we see this as the ideal time to grow to develop our internationally-renowned brand further,” said Franck Rouquet, vice president Carrefour Supermarkets in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait.
“With our focus on fresh, high-quality produce delivered daily to the supermarket shelves, we are able to provide those residents with a convenient, vale for money, daily or weekly shopping destination,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Huawei unveils new smartphone range
- Dubai keeps rank as 2nd biggest retail market
- Samsung unveils 2013 Smart TVs Lineup
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Givori launches customised iPhone
- Sub-Zero & Wolf store opens in Dubai
- Xerox names new MEA manager
- D’damas opens new outlet in India
- LuLu ranks third in new Forbes list
- M&S opens second store in Bahrain