Dell unveils new business PCs
Dubai, September 20, 2012
Dell has unveiled three new additions to its state-of-the-art portfolio of business-class computers, enabling computers to give employees devices they want to use, while maintaining IT security and manageability for enterprise-class deployments.
The new devices include the Latitude 10-inch touch-enabled tablet, the Latitude 6430u Ultrabook that brings leading design to the boardroom, and the touch-enabled OptiPlex 9010 All-in-One desktop that helps people interact with technology in more intuitive ways.
“Never before has the intersection between great design and data security and manageability been as important as employees increasingly ask for support for gorgeous products while IT needs to maintain corporate controls. Dell is providing the answer with these new Latitude and OptiPlex products designed to inspire workers and meet the needs of IT,” said Sam Burd, global vice president, personal computing product group.
“Dell’s approach is rooted in our heritage of deep familiarity with the needs of IT professionals combined with our new, world-class set of commercial products that meet user demands.”
The Latitude 10 is a 10-inch tablet that takes advantage of the latest advances in touch-enabled applications and allows businesses to confidently bring tablets into their enterprises, the statement said. The Latitude 10 fits easily into current IT environments by supporting existing Microsoft productivity applications and plugging into existing management consoles.
Like all Latitude products, the Latitude 10 is engineered for business productivity by providing easy support and maintenance including a swappable battery and robust security options such as Dell Data Protection | Encryption, which encrypts all data from the hard drive to the USB port.
Dell understands some computing environments like healthcare, government and education require integration with specific industry software and additional levels of security will be offered with enhanced security features for industries where the ultimate in data protection is required. To address these needs, this product includes a fingerprint reader and smart card reader for effective two-factor authentication, it said.
The Latitude 6430u is a 14-inch Ultrabook that strikes the balance between aesthetic appeal and corporate needs with the combination of security, manageability and durability in a thin, highly-mobile form factor and striking design.
Designed to meet the MIL-STD-810G testing, a United States Military test standard where systems are subjected to the harshest conditions, the 14-inch Latitude takes durability to new extremes, it said.
The new design is 33 per cent slimmer and 16 per cent lighter than Dell’s current 14-inch Latitude notebook. Preliminary battery life testing shows all-day productivity with a single battery charge.
The sleekOptiPlex 9010 23-inch All-in-One continues to empower productivity while preserving desk space. It offers options for a multipoint touch screen, fixed or rotating camera, and an stand to optimise the user’s work experience, the statement said.
“Business class customers are looking for innovative, consumer-like form factors for their business PCs,” said Bob O’Donnell, programme vice president, clients and displays, IDC. “Vendors like Dell that can deliver these kinds of machines, while still maintaining the security and management capabilities and tools that businesses need, will be well-positioned to succeed with IT managers who want to stay on top of the consumerisation trends impacting business IT.”
The Latitude 10, Latitude 6430u and OptiPlex9010 AIO will be available for sale with the launch of Windows 8. More details on global pricing and dates will be announced when available. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector