Canon unveils new compact cameras
Abu Dhabi, October 22, 2012
Canon Middle East has introduced the PowerShot G15 and PowerShot SX50 HS – two new innovative compact cameras that demonstrate the company’s expertise in next-generation lens design.
The PowerShot G15 features the brightest lens in a PowerShot G-series model to date, with a new f/1.8-2.8, 5x zoom lens, providing photographers with an extra-wide aperture throughout the camera’s entire focal range, a statement from Canon said.
The PowerShot SX50 HS is the world’s first 50x optical zoom compact stills camera, offering ground-breaking power alongside advanced manual control and RAW format support.
Designed for advanced users looking for premium quality, class-leading performance and compact bodies, both PowerShot models feature Canon’s renowned imaging technologies, delivering superior quality stills and Full HD movies.
Both also feature the acclaimed HS System, which offers outstanding low light performance and exceptionally low noise levels in all conditions, the statement said.
Canon’s optical image stabiliser with Intelligent IS ensures the sharpest image quality throughout each camera’s zoom range, while manual control and RAW file support provides photographers with maximum control over how images are captured and post-processed.
The PowerShot G15 features a super bright f/1.8-2.8 lens, which has been developed using new highly refractive glass with a unique multiple material coating engineered to handle specific wavelengths of light at the nanometre scale.
Its 5x optical zoom provides outstanding versatility, offering an f/1.8 aperture at its 28mm wide-angle, and an f/2.8 aperture at its maximum 140mm focal length. This offers photographers extra freedom to shoot in low light, use fast shutter speeds for freezing motion, or add atmosphere to stills by using a shallower depth of field, throughout the camera’s entire zoom range, it said.
For photographers who want to capture detail in distant subjects, the PowerShot SX50 HS features Canon’s most powerful optical zoom in a compact camera to date, it said. A class-leading optical construction features 13 elements, with three UD lenses included in a 10 group optical arrangement – providing exceptional performance throughout the enormous 50x optical zoom range.
A newly designed ultrasonic motor (USM) and voice coil motor (VCM) ensure fast and near-silent zooming when moving from the 24mm wide angle through to 1200mm maximum reach, while ZoomPlus digitally extends the zoom to 100x while maintaining high image quality.
Enhanced zoom framing assist on the PowerShot SX50 HS now includes new seek and lock functions, which are designed to help photographers locate and lock-on to subjects at the telephoto end of the lens.
Improved auto focus (AF) systems on both models make it easy for users to capture sharply-focused stills. The PowerShot G15 AF speedi offers exceptional performance – at just 0.17 seconds at the wide-angle – representing a 53 per cent improvement over the PowerShot G12, making it the fastest Canon compact camera ever produced, the statement said.
High-speed Burst HQ mode, available on both models, also allows the capture of high quality, full resolution shots of fast moving subjects. The PowerShot SX50 HS captures split-second action at 13 shots/second, perfect for wildlife photography, while a burst rate of 10 shots/second on the PowerShot G15 is ideal for capturing fast-paced action.
Both models are compatible with the Remote Switch RS-60E3, perfect for controlling long exposures or shooting at night to reduce camera shake. A new Waterproof Case WP-DC48 is also available for the PowerShot G15 – perfect for users who like to capture stunning marine life. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices