IIB-Al Shiddi mall project on track
Manama, December 13, 2012
A partnership between the International Investment Bank (IIB) and Al Shiddi Group to create the Sarajevo City Centre Project has reached 60 per cent completion, a report said.
The 130-million-euro ($169.3 million) development is a unique hybrid complex comprising several main interconnecting features, according to the report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Over the course of the construction, the mall was fully leased and the last agreements are being finalised.
The project also contains two towers, each consisting of 18 storeys, the first of which is a commercial complex that covers 6,500 sq m.
"We take great pride in seeing this project move forward at a pace exceeding our expectations," said IIB chairman Saeed Abdul Jalil Al Fahim during a visit to the development in Bosnia.
"The project has already proven to be a success with the mall fully leased prior to completion.
"We believe that the complex will contribute positively to all parties involved, especially our shareholders, partners and the business and social communities of Sarajevo," he added.
The complex will be one of the largest in Bosnia. The mall is expected to open on September 2013, with the towers opening shortly thereafter. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector