IIB-Al Shiddi mall project on track
Manama, December 13, 2012
A partnership between the International Investment Bank (IIB) and Al Shiddi Group to create the Sarajevo City Centre Project has reached 60 per cent completion, a report said.
The 130-million-euro ($169.3 million) development is a unique hybrid complex comprising several main interconnecting features, according to the report in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Over the course of the construction, the mall was fully leased and the last agreements are being finalised.
The project also contains two towers, each consisting of 18 storeys, the first of which is a commercial complex that covers 6,500 sq m.
"We take great pride in seeing this project move forward at a pace exceeding our expectations," said IIB chairman Saeed Abdul Jalil Al Fahim during a visit to the development in Bosnia.
"The project has already proven to be a success with the mall fully leased prior to completion.
"We believe that the complex will contribute positively to all parties involved, especially our shareholders, partners and the business and social communities of Sarajevo," he added.
The complex will be one of the largest in Bosnia. The mall is expected to open on September 2013, with the towers opening shortly thereafter. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Givori launches customised iPhone
- Sub-Zero & Wolf store opens in Dubai
- Xerox names new MEA manager
- D’damas opens new outlet in India
- LuLu ranks third in new Forbes list
- M&S opens second store in Bahrain
- ACE discounts to mark 7 years of Dubai ops
- Saudi retailer Alhokair net up 39pc
- Canon unveils its smallest full-frame DSLR