LG debuts 100-inch Laser Display in Dubai
Dubai, June 25, 2013
LG Electronics (LG) has unveiled its premium 100-inch (254 cm) Laser Display at a grand event in Dubai.
"The device will enhance the home cinema experience as never before. Home cinema enthusiasts can now watch their favourite film and sports match on a gigantic screen without compromising on picture quality in the comfort of their living room," said the company.
This new masterpiece by LG, which was named Product of the Future at CES 2013, offers Full HD 1080p screen resolution along with an incredible contrast with LG's laser-based technology, it said.
"LG is delighted with the positive and overwhelming response we have received from both our customers and the media when we first unveiled the Laser Display at CES 2013 earlier this year," said D Y Kim, president of LG Electronics, Gulf FZE. "The Laser Display provides unparalleled cinema experience to customers in their homes, astonishing natural colour tones with high performance and narrow bezel design that will add elegance to homes."
The LG Laser Display boasts Full HD resolution and a 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, rendering the most vivid images in incredible clarity. The anti-reflective screen allows viewers to enjoy stunning, cinematic picture quality, even in the brightest of conditions. While conventional projection systems require a considerable distance to display images on a large screen, the lens of LG's UST unit can be positioned a mere 22 inches (approximately 56 centimeters) away from the 100-inch display. This clever, space-efficient configuration means the user doesn't have to sacrifice half the room in order to enjoy the many benefits of the Laser Display, the company said.
LG's Laser Display has two 10W speakers built into in the UST unit, which support virtual surround sound for an authentic cinema experience at home. The compact device features LG's understated yet stylish Dynamic Arc Design with a subtly curved surface that reaches an unobtrusive 5.7 inches in height. Meanwhile, the 100-inch screen adopts LG's Cinema Screen design for a slim and minimalistic appearance, compatible with any interior decor.
LG's UST projection unit employs a technologically advanced laser-based illumination system. It features a specialised bulb that can operate for 25,000 hours without needing replacement, which is five times longer than an environmentally-unsound mercury lamp.
Though the Laser Display excels in the home, it is also perfect for business applications as well. Its versatile features, large screen, and compact UST system make it ideal for video conferencing or delivering important multimedia presentations. At 100-inches, the screen can be easily viewed by all video conference participants or presentation attendees, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs