Heavy footfall at new Carrefour in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, September 30, 2013
Abu Dhabi’s Deerfields Townsquare Shopping Centre (DTSC), which opened a new Carrefour Hypermarket, a French multinational retailer, welcomed more than 44,000 guests on its inaugural day.
The 6,700 sq m store is managed by MAF Carrefour, a full ownership of the Carrefour franchise in the region by Majid Al Futtaim Group.
The store will offer Carrefour’s vast selection of local and international fresh produce, bakery, fishery and meat products, and household and electronic goods.
“The opening of the Carrefour hypermarket was full of energy and characterises the excitement over the steady buildup of stores at Deerfields Townsquare Shopping Centre,” said Banu Tas, general manager, DTSC.
A flagship project of venture capital firm Mubarak Brothers Investments (MBI), a company specialising in real estate and construction, infrastructure, and industrial ventures, DTSC will be the primary shopping destination of the residents of the immediate catchment areas of Shahama, Bahia, Al Raha, Al Rahba and Khalifa City. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- DDF sets new anniversary sales record
- Al-Futtaim in deal to set up giant Morocco mall
- Wifi lighbulb launched in UAE
- Seiko unveils GPS watches
- Géant opens 2nd supermarket in Abu Dhabi
- MAF malls in Dubai unveil festive décor
- Global luxury brands for Riyadh expo
- Luxury brands step up battle for travelling shoppers
- Dutch food retailer SPAR announces Oman foray
- Panasonic unveils new range of kettles