Polaroid to expand Mena presence
Dubai, October 7, 2013
Polaroid, the 75-year-old brand synonymous with instant imaging, sharing and fun, has unveiled plans to expand its presence in the Mena market.
As part of this move, Polaroid named Emerio Technology JLT, as an authorised licensee for the Middle East, Gulf, North Africa, Afghanistan and Pakistan regions. Emerio will work with ‘tecbuy,’ a leading retail management enabler, and Jeetek to bring the fun and user friendly Polaroid products to consumers.
During Gitex Shopper, which opened on October 5, the latest Polaroid offerings such as internet tablets, mobile phones, televisions, digital cameras and instant cameras are being showcased.
The Polaroid S series of 8” and 10” tablets are powered by the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS and offer access to Google Play, a super-fast engine, High Definition (HD) displays and Bluetooth, WiFi, USB and OTG connectivity.
“Throughout our 75 year history, Polaroid has continued to introduce new technologies and innovations in the field of photography and consumer electronics and we are continuing to expand our presence globally, with the help of our world class licensees. Here in the Middle East, we are excited to partner with Emerio Technology JLT,” said Scott W Hardy, President and CEO of Polaroid.
“Consumers everywhere should experience the magic of Instant cameras, easy to use tablets, TVs, and our full range of other products, which demonstrate our continued commitment to creating consumer electronic products that are not only world class in quality but also suit every imaginable budget.” - TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Mena |
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store