URC celebrates Oman mall launch
Muscat, November 9, 2013
United Real Estate Company (URC), one of the region’s leading real estate developers, hosted a grand event for the opening of Salalah Gardens Mall (SGM) and Salalah Gardens Residences (SGR) in Oman.
It is Salalah’s largest mixed-use development that introduces local, regional and global brands such as Carrefour, Home Centre, City Cinema, Red Tag, McDonald’s, Fun Station, Nestlé Toll House and The Body Shop to the Governorate of Dhofar alongside a traditional old souq, Salalah’s first three-screen multiplex cinema and parking facilities that accommodates over 1,300 vehicles.
The celebration featured performances, music, entertainment, activities, promotions, gifts and giveaways. Hundreds of visitors joined the celebratory festivities at the first and only integrated mall in the city of Salalah.
Featured acts by international performers such as acrobats, rhythmic and LED performers, and stilt walkers were brought specifically for this event.
Commenting on the launch, URC’s executive VP Renimah Al Mattar said: "We are proud to develop the first mall in Salalah that is architecturally inspired by the Omani heritage and that caters to the local community with its variety of shopping experience and family entertainment outlets."
"Completing this mix with a hospitality component achieves our objective of delivering a fully integrated touristic destination in Salalah," he noted.
The various family activities throughout the day included face painting, balloon sculpting and other attractions. The event served to introduce URC as SGM’s developer to host activities and events on a community level and to position SGM as a family destination.
Combining lifestyle, culture and entertainment, SGM brings an unprecedented experience to the subtropical city, said Al Mattar.
Connected directly to the mall, Salalah Gardens Residences, is a hospitality component that offers 168 keys operated by Safir International Hotel Management Company, a subsidiary of Kuwait Hotels Company.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal