Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
Abu Dhabi, December 4, 2013
Weber, a premier brand for charcoal, gas and electric BBQs (and grilling accessories) has extended its UAE retailer network with a new agreement with supermarket giant Carrefour.
The deal will see Carrefour’s flagship Mall of the Emirates store in Dubai and Al Saqer in Abu Dhabi carrying an exclusive range of Weber products with immediate effect – and will lead to further three outlets coming online during the month of December, said the company in a statement.
As well as stocking a broad range of Weber accessories and charcoal, Carrefour will become the exclusive UAE retailer of three of Weber’s grills; the Compact Kettle 57cm (priced at Dh599); the Weber Q140 with stand (Dh1,413) and the Spirit E-210 (Dh2,629).
Britt Warming, the regional manager for Weber-Stephen Middle East, said: "We are delighted to confirm that Weber has reached an exclusive products deal with Carrefour which sees our products being available in five of their key outlets. As a retailer Carrefour has become synonymous with the supermarket landscape in the UAE."
"To have reached this agreement is not only great news for Weber, but also for grilling enthusiasts across the UAE. We are fully committed to supporting this partnership," he added.
To support the retailer expansion programme, Weber has aalso entered a strategic partnership with Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) which will see the two organisations working closely together on a series of in-store activations promoting both brands, said Warming.
The full activations programme will commence later this month, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store