New Upp phone charger enters market
Las Vegas, January 7, 2014
Intelligent Energy, a global power technology company, said it is partnering with the US retailer and product development company, Brookstone to launch its Upp personal energy device at the ongoing Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Based on Intelligent Energy’s innovative fuel cell technology, Upp represents a new category of device able to power USB compatible portable electronic devices, such as smart phones, feature phones, eReaders, tablets, portable gaming consoles, as well as digital cameras, providing consumers with the energy freedom to keep connected and powered up.
Based on a single fuel cartridge, Upp delivers at least one week of charge even to the most demanding, power-hungry smartphones. Upp also comes with an app, which provides users with fuel prediction capability, shows the nearest fuel cartridge exchange locations and personal usage statistics, FAQs and overall customer support.
Brookstone is a nationwide specialty retailer offering an assortment of consumer products that are functional in purpose, distinctive in both quality and design.
This strategic alliance with Brookstone follows many months of successful consumer trials in some of the most demanding regions in Africa leading to the launch of Upp at the AfricaCom exhibition in Cape Town in November 2013. The companies will work together to distribute Upp within the US, a statement said.
Upp will be available via Brookstone in early 2014 and will retail for $199, it said. -TradeArabia News Service
Tags: fuel-cell |
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer launches new pocket projector
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain