Samsung to launch curved, bendable TVs
Amman, January 15, 2014
Samsung Electronics, a global leader in TV technology, announced it will bring its newly introduced 105-inch U9500 curved ultra high definition (UHD) TV and 85-inch U9B bendable UHD TV to consumers in the second half of 2014.
Following the unveiling of these two new breakthrough models at CES 2014, the company will add them to its lineup of curved and UHD TVs this year.
“Given the tremendous media and industry reception for these new products, we are excited to bring our 105-inch Curved UHD TV and 85-inch Bendable UHD TV to consumers around the world,” said HS Kim, executive vice president of the visual display business at Samsung Electronics.
“People who are passionate about entertainment will have a whole new way to experience the content they love with these exciting new models that showcase exceptional design and UHD picture quality.”
Samsung’s 105-inch U9500 Curved UHD TV is the world’s first and largest Curved UHD TV. The set features an expansive display, curved design and is the largest TV ever with a movie-theater aspect ratio of 21 x 9 to create a truly cinematic viewing experience in the living room.
The combination of the screen size and Samsung’s Auto Depth Enhancer technology brings depth to the picture and produces a life-like viewing experience, a statement said.
Taking TV viewing to a whole new level, Samsung’s 85-inch U9B Bendable UHD TV is the world’s first and largest UHD TV that transforms from a flat panel to a curved TV design with a touch of a button.
Samsung’s UHD TVs not only support today’s standards -- including HEVC, HDMI 2.0, MHL 3.0 and HDCP 2.2; they are the only TVs on the market that are future-ready, thanks to the Samsung UHD Evolution Kit, the statement said.
The One Connect Box essentially houses the brains of the TV externally, enabling customers to switch out the box with the latest Samsung UHD Evolution Kit to stay up to date on the latest UHD standards, as well as to get access to the newest technology Samsung has to offer, all helping customers protect their investment for many years to come. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Samsung launches Chromebook 2 Series
- Emaar to list shopping malls & retail subsidiary
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs