Dubai Aerospace buys Austrian software firm
Dubai, March 11, 2008
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise said it bought Austria's Flugwerkzeuge Aviation Software, a company that develops flight-planning software for airlines, for $25 million.
"Airlines are suffering from record high fuel prices and are looking for better technologies that will ease the burden," Kamilia Sofia, acting chief executive officer of DAE unit DAE Services, said in a statement on Tuesday.
"With its sophisticated flight planning software, f:wz offers optimisation solutions that deliver immediate and substantial savings," Sofia said. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks