Bahrain Air doubles baggage limit
Manama, June 28, 2008
Bahrain Air is to enhance the facilities being offered to its India-bound passengers, a top official has revealed.
Passengers to Kochi, Kerala, will be allowed 40kg of baggage, instead of 20kg normally allowed for the economy class, said commercial operations director Mohammed Saleh Fakhri.
'Ever since we launched our services to Kochi two months ago, the response has been excellent, with an average 75 per cent capacity,' he said.
Bahrain Air operates three flights a week to Kochi, on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.
Meanwhile, the airline's managing director Ibrahim Al Hamer announced in Jeddah that Bahrain Air would start its operations to Jeddah on July 9.
'The airline will start its four weekly flights between Bahrain International Airport and King Abdul Aziz International Airport in Jeddah, using modern Airbus A320 aircraft with 12 premium class and 150 economy class seats,' he revealed.
'The new service will serve the growing demand from businessmen on the route and offer additional seat capacity to Haj and Umrah, meeting the year- round travelling demand.'
The flight will depart Bahrain on Wednesday and Friday at 11am and arrive Jeddah at 1.50pm.
It will depart Jeddah at 2.50pm and arrive back in Bahrain at 5.20pm. Friday flights will take off from September 1 to cater for Ramadan Umrah traffic.
The two night flights on Sunday and Monday will depart Bahrain at 11pm and will arrive Jeddah at 1.50am. Departure from Jeddah on Monday and Tuesday will be at 2.50am, arriving in Bahrain at 5.20am.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares