Etihad plans Moscow, Almaty flights
Dubai, August 18, 2008
Etihad Airways has said it will launch flights to Moscow from Abu Dhabi on December 1, followed by flights to the Kazakhstan capital, Almaty, commencing the next day.
To mark the start of the historic EY69 flights, Etihad has unveiled great value introductory fares, which are now on sale, with return economy flights to Moscow starting from Dh690 ($188) and return business class flights starting from Dh6900.
The five flights a week Moscow and four flights a week Almaty services are set to follow on from the highly successful launch of Etihad flights to the Belarus capital Minsk which started on August 5, 2008.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ chief executive, said: ’Russia represents a key emerging market for Etihad. The country’s recent economic development is creating an increasingly affluent population with a huge appetite to access Abu Dhabi’s property market and growing leisure attractions.
’In addition, Abu Dhabi provides an ideal launch pad for Russian-based air travellers keen to access the growing number of international destinations now served by Etihad Airways.’
Spanning no less than 10 time zones, Russia is the largest country in the world in terms of surface area.
Russia’s economic power lies in its huge natural resources, particularly oil and gas which has brought rapid economic growth to the country.
Moscow is the country’s political, economic, financial, educational and transportation centre.
The city is a major economic centre and is home to the largest number of billionaires in the world. Many multi-national corporations have branches and offices in the city.
The Russian capital will be Etihad’s eleventh destination in its flight network in the Europe region which already includes services to Brussels, Dublin, Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Manchester, Milan, Minsk, Munich and Paris.
Flight EY069 will depart Abu Dhabi on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays at 9.40am and arrive at Moscow’s Domodedovo international airport at 2.05pm the same day.
Return flight EY068 will depart Moscow on the same days at 2.55pm, arriving in Abu Dhabi at 9.05pm.
Etihad will operate to Moscow on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays a two-class Airbus A319 configured to carry 104 passengers with 20 seats in business class and 84 in economy class.
On Thursdays, the service will be operated by an Airbus A320 configured to carry 140 passengers with 20 seats in business and 120 in economy. - TradeArabia News service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China