‘Queen Victoria’ docks in Dubai
Dubai, April 1, 2009
Local travel agents were taken on a tour of ‘Queen Victoria,’ the 90,000-ton cruise ship of Cunard Line, when she docked at Dubai’s Port Rashid recently.
The tour was organised by Cruise Master Middle East, the international sales agency of Cunard in the Middle East.
Queen Victoria’s stop in Dubai was part of her world cruise which started from New York on January 10 this year. This was the last segment of the cruise from Singapore to Southampton via Thailand, India, UAE, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Italy and Spain.
After this voyage, Queen Victor is set for the home port of Southampton and will run various schedules of Mediterranean and North Europe cruises.
“We are delighted with this opportunity to showcase Queen Victoria to the travel trade,” said Ashok Kumar of Cruise Master Middle East.
“We are sure this visit gave them a first-hand feel of the ship which will enable them to sell a Cunard vacation more effectively.”
Queen Victoria was launched in December 2007 and was named by The Duchess of Cornwall in Southampton. She has become one of the most celebrated ships to be introduced in recent years and has established herself in the Cunard fleet continuing in style the line’s traditions established nearly 170 years ago.
While she is the second largest Cunarder ever built (after the line’s flagship Queen Mary 2), Queen Victoria is not about size superlatives – she is about style, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares