Water park to launch ‘dive-in movies’
Manama, August 10, 2009
The Lost Paradise of Dilmun, Bahrain’s first fully themed water park, is set to launch its ‘Dive-In Movies’, which enables one to watch movies from a sandy beach or from a tuber while floating in large wave pools.
Starting from September 3, the Lost Paradise of Dilmun will screen family friendly movies every Thursday, Friday and Saturday at no extra cost to water park guests.
“This is an amazing new way to spend summer nights,” said Paul Blunt, general manager of the Lost Paradise.
“Guests will be able to watch movies from the wave pool completely free of charge. This initiative is the first of its kind in the Middle East.”
“The Dive-In Movies will be a truly unique experience for Bahrain and the Middle East and will give families yet another venue to watch some of their favourite movies while enjoying the outdoors. We have researched this idea extensively from the equipment and technical side to the movies we will be showing,” Blunt added.
Showing a range of films from classic favourites to recent releases, all screenings are guaranteed child friendly, being rated PG-13 or below. The premiere on 3 September starts at 7 pm but all consequent Dive-In Movies begin when the sun goes down.
A day full of fun costs guests over 1.2 m in height BD14 ($37.15), while guests under 1.2 m pay only BD5 ($13.26). – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement