Marriott hosts HR meeting
Manama, August 10, 2009
The Marriott Executive Apartments, the upscale serviced apartment brand of Marriott International, recently hosted an HR leaders meeting for four- and five-star hotels in Bahrain.
Hosted in cooperation with the Specific Council for Training in Hospitality (SCTH) sector, the meeting was attended by more than 20 hotels’ senior human resources personnel and representatives of the SCTH sector.
Discussion involved Bahrainisation in hotel sector where head of corporate service bureau in the Ministry of Labour, Farooq Jaffar, listened to the hoteliers’ concerns and showed his understanding of their challenges in the field of workforce.
Jaffar said that the Ministry of Labour is keen to facilitate and work closely with all tourism stakeholders in order to enhance the Bahrainisation program in hotel sector.
Jaffar added that he was looking forward to attending follow up meetings to generate more beneficial cooperation between the Ministry of Labour and the hotel sector.
"I believe this meeting was an eye opener and an opportunity for generating ideas from the HR professionals in the hotels sector, on how to create a mutual cooperation between the sector and the government with regards to the Kingdom initiative of Bahrainisation,” said Loay Mamdouh, human resources manager at Marriott. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar drops bid to shift ICAO from Montreal
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens