Hotel saves 25pc energy with new technology
Dubai, September 10, 2009
A leading hotel has demonstrated more than 25 per cent savings in energy in the distribution boards where a technology was installed on a trial basis, to measure its effectiveness in reducing power consumption.
Southern Sun, Al Manzil Hotel, a four-star hotel Downtown Burj Dubai, recently hosted a presentation on energy saving “APSS” (active power saving system) panel equipment.
The new technology performs power correction, regulating the power factor levels at 0.99, eliminating the need for capacitor banks, while also reducing heat and harmonic noise of motors.
“We installed two main distribution boards (MDB -01 and MDB -03) on August 4 on a trial basis, and we have since been monitoring the power consumption of the hotel,” explained Sakher Al Karmi, complex chief engineer, Southern Sun, Al Manzil Hotel and Qamardeen Hotels.
“Based on readings taken from August 6 to date, I am pleased to report that some 25 per cent of power savings in MDB-01 and some 28 per cent of power savings in MDB-03 can be quantified.”
“I can gladly confirm that this new technology indeed offers an excellent alternative in energy savings and has shown no negative effects on our equipment or hotel operation,” Al Karmi concluded. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc