Misr Travel partners with Travelport
Cairo, November 1, 2009
Travelport, one of the world’s leading global distribution system (GDS) providers operating the Galileo and Worldspan platforms, has signed a multi-year Galileo contract with Egypt’s largest travel and tour operator, Misr Travel.
With over 68 years of experience specialising in travel and tours to Egypt, the state-owned tour company is recognised as one of the country’s most respected and reliable travel agencies and a key player in Egypt’s thriving travel industry.
A major win for Travelport in Egypt, the distribution agreement is a testament to the steady inroads the GDS provider has made in the country since it set up a direct Galileo and Worldspan operation in Cairo at the beginning of this year.
“Travelport understands the needs of our business and has the right technical expertise and international network to complement our strategic goals,” said Dr Nour Bakr, CEO of Misr Travel.
“With Travelport’s best-of-breed solutions and comprehensive local support structure, we are confident that we can help Misr Travel optimise its efficiency and performance,” added Tarek Bassiouny, Egypt country manager Travelport.
Misr Travel has a network of 35 branches across Egypt, as well as overseas offices located in New York, Paris, London, Stockholm, Frankfurt, Moscow, Rome and Tokyo.
Galileo has firmly established itself as one of the most widely used travel booking platforms in Egypt, stated Bassiouny.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard