Adac, Al Jaber ink Al Bateen airport tenancy deal
Abu Dhabi, February 8, 2010
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (Adac) has signed a landmark 10-year leasing deal with Al Jaber Aviation (AJA), which will see the new provider of VIP aviation based at Al Bateen Executive Airport.
The deal makes Al Jaber Aviation the largest tenant to sign up at Al Bateen – the region’s only dedicated private aviation airport – since Adac took over the management of the airport in 2009.
According to the agreement, AJA will be signed up for a minimum of 10 years, with the office space having been delivered to the VIP aviation company in three phases. AJA confirmed that the final phase is near completion and the offices will be fully operational within two months.
“We are pleased to welcome Al Jaber Aviation as Adac’s first and now largest tenant at Al Bateen Executive Airport. The deal we are signing today is a clear indication of the growing importance of VIP and private aviation in the UAE capital,” said Adac’s chief commercial officer, Huraiz Al Mur bin Huraiz.
“With AJA planning to further build our aircraft fleet, over the coming years, we recognise that Al Bateen combines a strategic location with fully equipped operational, administrative as well as maintenance facilities managed by Adac,” added Dr Mark Pierotti, COO of Al Jaber Aviation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal
- Atlantis, The Palm, seeks $850m loan
- Emirates, TUI India ink agent agreement
- Dnata buys Air France stake in Italian unit
- SIA profits drop in contest from Gulf carriers
- Kuwait Airways in financing talks for Airbus order
- Ritz-Carlton Dubai unveils summer offers
- Royal Rose Hotel appoints general manager
- GCAA, Etihad open operations licensing office