Air France starts non-stop Abu Dhabi-Paris route
Abu Dhabi, May 6, 2010
Air France-KLM group has launched its nonstop flights between Abu Dhabi and Paris, offering up to 10 weekly, nonstop, flights out of Abu Dhabi International Airport, to their respective hubs of Paris and Amsterdam.
Abu Dhabi International Airport recently saw the arrival of Air France’s Airbus A330 on its first nonstop flight between Paris and Abu Dhabi.
Air France flight AF 3848 touched down at 10:25 pm and was welcomed by the chairman of Abu Dhabi Airport’s Company (Adac), Khalifa Al Mazrouei and other top officials.
“Air France’s arrival in Abu Dhabi is an important event for Adac and the emirate of Abu Dhabi as a whole,” Al Mazrouei said.
“By attracting one of the world’s largest carriers to the UAE capital, we are directly responding to the growing demand for more direct flights to Paris, a leading European hub,” he added.
Pierre de Saint-Albin, Air France-KLM general manager for the Gulf, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Pakistan, said: “Over the last few months, Adac has been working closely with the Air France-KLM group to ensure that we deliver a value-added product and service to our passengers as well as further opening the options to travelers that want to visit Abu Dhabi.”
“We are excited about the new Abu Dhabi-Paris. This is an outcome that confirms the excellent working partnership between Air France and Adac, and tonight’s celebrations affirm the strong ties between our two respective nations,” he added.
“Air France now offers the earliest arrival time in Paris (05h45 am), convenient to reach Paris down town before the rush hours and offering multiple connecting opportunities to Europe, The Americas and Africa.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home