Dubai 5-star hotel first to be ISO certified
Dubai, May 17, 2010
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai is the first five-star hotel in the world to receive ISO 10002 certification.
At the same time, Traders Hotel, Dubai became the first four-star hotel in the world to get the same recognition.
Shangri-la Hotel, Dubai and Traders Hotel, Dubai have been awarded the Certificate of Approval by the United Registrar of Systems (URS) to signify compliance with the international standards of ISO 10002.
ISO 10002 (Handling Customer Complaints Management System) pertains to the hotel’s ability to document, respond and resolve customer complaints in the quickest time possible. It enhances customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback, resolving any complaints received and enhancing the organisation’s ability to improve its product and customer service.
“The certification is a seal of our hotels’ compliance to strict, internationally-set standards. Being the first in the world to be certified is a major feat,” said Bernhard Haechler, vice president and general manager of Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai.
Prior to receiving ISO 10002 certification, Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai was the first hotel in the GCC to be awarded the ISO 22000 certification for its Food Safety Management System in addition to its ISO 14001 for its Environmental Management System.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE tops region for tourism receipts in 2012
- Kerzner signs Jeddah One&Only deal
- Forum to map out Arab tourism strategies
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia