Etihad unveils Australia fare sale
Abu Dhabi, August 26, 2010
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has unveiled a major fare sale today to mark the new partnership between the airline and Australia-based Virgin Blue Group.
Return fare deals from around Australia to Europe and the Middle East, inclusive of taxes and charges, start from AU$1834 ($1628), with comparable deals on inbound fares from Europe to Australia and New Zealand, a company statement said.
Etihad is also launching the Australia Skypass, a new fare product that allows inbound tourists to fly all over Australia and New Zealand on up to six domestic/Tasman sectors from $55 per sector.
Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer Peter Baumgartner said the highly competitive fares were designed to promote the new joint network on offer.
“We believe the Australia Skypass will be a boon for domestic tourism in Australia, giving untapped European tourists access to secondary ports such as Tasmania and Far North Queensland, as well as connectivity between the major capital cities,” he said.
“This kind of inbound fare product will showcase Australia beyond just Melbourne and Sydney, although of course not excluding them,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort
- Gulf Air marks 1m Beirut passengers
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow