Etihad unveils Australia fare sale
Abu Dhabi, August 26, 2010
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has unveiled a major fare sale today to mark the new partnership between the airline and Australia-based Virgin Blue Group.
Return fare deals from around Australia to Europe and the Middle East, inclusive of taxes and charges, start from AU$1834 ($1628), with comparable deals on inbound fares from Europe to Australia and New Zealand, a company statement said.
Etihad is also launching the Australia Skypass, a new fare product that allows inbound tourists to fly all over Australia and New Zealand on up to six domestic/Tasman sectors from $55 per sector.
Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer Peter Baumgartner said the highly competitive fares were designed to promote the new joint network on offer.
“We believe the Australia Skypass will be a boon for domestic tourism in Australia, giving untapped European tourists access to secondary ports such as Tasmania and Far North Queensland, as well as connectivity between the major capital cities,” he said.
“This kind of inbound fare product will showcase Australia beyond just Melbourne and Sydney, although of course not excluding them,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental