Flydubai begins Chittagong service
Dubai, January 20, 2011
Flydubai, Dubai’s first low cost airline, made its first entry into the Bangladeshi market last night when flight FZ587 touched down in Chittagong.
The flight, to flydubai’s 30th destination, arrived at Chittagong’s Shah Amanat International Airport and was greeted by a VIP delegation.
“Reaching 30 destinations in such a short space of time is a tremendous achievement for flydubai and I am very proud to be here to celebrate this moment,” said flydubai’s chief operating officer Hamad Obaidalla.
“Our first service to Bangladesh is indicative of the variety of destinations we wish to offer our passengers. It is also a valuable option to many of the Bangladeshi community that live in Dubai, giving them an affordable, quality travel choice back to their home country.”
flydubai offers four times a week flights from Dubai to Chittagong, with the service operating on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Flight FZ587 departs from Dubai at 1340hrs, landing in Chittagong at 2020hrs local time. The return flight FZ588 takes off from Chittagong at 2120hrs, arriving back in Dubai at 0125hrs local time. This latest route by flydubai will operate daily starting March 27.
One-way fare to Chittagong from Dubai will start from Dh460 ($125), including one piece of hand luggage weighing up to 7kg plus one small laptop bag or hand bag. Flights from Chittagong to Dubai start from $200.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- British Airways celebrates Jordan return
- Egypt tourist arrivals jump 11.8pc
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Abu Dhabi plans 'bigger, louder' Summer fest