Wafi stages spectacular sound and light show
Dubai, February 1, 2011
Wafi is presenting a spectacular light and sound show that depicts the splendour of Pharaonic Egypt using the mall’s unique backdrop of ancient Egyptian statues, temples, and the Sphinx, as part of the ongoing DSF.
Sound and light elements combine to narrate tales of ancient Egyptian civilisation. The show is the first of its kind in the region and is fashioned after a similar show that takes place across famous Egyptian monuments in Egypt such as the Pyramids and Sphinx in Cairo and the Karnak temple in Luxor.
Show timings are 6.30pm and 8.30pm on weekdays, and 7pm, 8pm, 9pm and 10pm from Thursday to Saturday.
The show focuses on numerous old Egyptian symbols like the hieroglyphics which is depicted on temple walls and inside tombs, as well as famous Pharaonic structures such as the Abu Simbel temple which was built by one of Egypt’s greatest kings, Ramses the Second. Backdrop displays of the Pyramids of Giza and other famous temples are also used during the show.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline