Etihad CEO addresses global tourism forum
Abu Dhabi, April 14, 2011
James Hogan, the chief executive officer of Etihad Airways, addressed the World Tourism Forum in Lucerne, Switzerland, on the subject of sustainable growth.
In his keynote speech, Hogan discussed the central role tourism plays in the expansion of economies, and highlighted the remarkable progress of the Abu Dhabi 2030 Plan and Etihad’s role in achieving this ambitious vision.
He shared the stage with leading academic and author of the UK Sustainable Development Commission Report, Professor Tim Jackson.
“Tourism is a fast growing industry in Abu Dhabi, which makes Etihad’s participation in events like the World Tourism Forum increasingly relevant,” said Hogan.
“This forum provides a unique opportunity for us to engage with our existing industry partners and to forge new relationships for the benefit of Etihad and Au Dhabi.”
“It is a platform for sharing knowledge and ideas. Like many others in the industry, Etihad recognizes the value of collaboration and partnerships in addressing the many challenges we face, such as sustainability and talent management.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief