Qatar Airways plans to boost A380s fleet
Paris, May 29, 2011
Qatar Airways plans to increase its order for Airbus A380 passenger jets at the Paris Air Show, Flight International reported.
The Gulf airline has five of the world's largest passenger jets on order, worth $375 million each at current list prices. It could also place an order for A330 freighters.
Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker said he plans to sign "a small order" for additional A380s, adding "it won't be a hundred aircraft," the magazine reported on its website.
Qatar Airways and Airbus were not available for comment.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Orders top $100bn as Boeing, Airbus battle it out
- Qatar Airways picks US firm for nacelle service
- Oman Air orders five Boeing 737-900ER jets
- Jazeera grabs key ME market share
- Etihad, US firm ink smart technology pact
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project