Qatar Airways plans to boost A380s fleet
Paris, May 29, 2011
Qatar Airways plans to increase its order for Airbus A380 passenger jets at the Paris Air Show, Flight International reported.
The Gulf airline has five of the world's largest passenger jets on order, worth $375 million each at current list prices. It could also place an order for A330 freighters.
Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker said he plans to sign "a small order" for additional A380s, adding "it won't be a hundred aircraft," the magazine reported on its website.
Qatar Airways and Airbus were not available for comment.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief