Bahrain to hold French cultural fest
Manama, June 26, 2011
Bahrain will hold a French cultural events week at shopping malls, supermarkets, art galleries, restaurants and hotels.
The week, entitled Bahrain Je t'aime (I love Bahrain), was originally scheduled for February 23 to March 1 but was postponed due to the unrest.
It has now been scheduled to be held from November 16 to 22 by the French Embassy and Bahraini French Business Club (CAFB).
The festivities will be held under the patronage of Supreme Council for Youth and Sport chairman and Bahrain Olympic Committee president Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa.
Events include performances by international magicians, the Bel Canto Gourmet opera, French folk dancers La Bourree, swing and jazz bands. This is in addition to art, photography and tapestry exhibitions as well as French film screenings.
Sporting events such as golf tournaments, the French version of boules known as petanque, horse racing, city walks and French cuisine cooking classes will also be held during the week.
There will be networking events for business owners to encourage collaboration between French and Bahraini businesses, said organisers.
CAFB business development director Betsy Mathieson is the French Week committee president. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc
- Bahrain air show set to take off
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry