Lifestyle expo opens in Dubai
Dubai, September 1, 2011
Shoppiesta, the first-of-its-kind consumer lifestyle fair in the region, and an official event of ‘Eid in Dubai’, opened yesterday (August 31) at Meydan in Dubai.
The event, inaugurated by Laila Suhail, chief executive officer of Dubai Events, an agency of Dubai Economic Department, will offer five days of shopping, entertainment, adventure sports, daily concerts, and dining. The opening ceremony was attended by more than 10,000 visitors.
The event will also see leading retailers, brands, and service providers bring an array of offerings for both visitors and tourists alike. Around 150 retailers are part of the event this year.
Elements of Earth, A show depicting the elements of fire, water, wind, and air, was also staged during the ceremony.
Concerts for the five days include performances by Nancy Ajram and Melhem Zein, leading Filipino pop band South Border and popular Filipino girl band Mocha Girls, Iranian singer Googoosh, famed Indian singers Hariharan and Shankar Mahadevan and high-profile artists such as Sean Paul, Kelly Rowland, and T-Pain.
Besides bargains and discounts in over 14 consumer lifestyle categories, Shoppiesta will offer adventure sports including concerts that will be experienced for the first time in the UAE, plus 32 cuisine choices and four hours of daily entertainment in the evening, a statement said.
The event, with an expected visitor count of one million, will also offer visitors a rare opportunity to be part of Citron’s attempt to enter Guinness Book of World Records: creating the world’s largest photographic collage of human faces on a single mosaic. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China