Bahrain to introduce long-stay parking fees
Manama, October 31, 2011
Long-stay parking fees are being introduced at Bahrain International Airport starting from next month, according to the Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) officials.
Under this, travellers will now have to pay BD1 ($2.65) for every day their car is left at one of the long-stay car parks for the first seven days during next month and December, they said.
From January to July, the charge will be BD1 a day for the first 14 days. In both cases,
the drivers will be able to leave their cars at the airport for up to 30 days with no additional fee.
However, once that period ends the charges kick in again – meaning it would cost BD28 to park a car at the airport for 60 days between January and July.
A BAC statement said there would be three long-stay car parks, while a short-term car park could also be used for long-stay parking if demand increases.
The cash generated will go towards airport development including improving parking facilities, said the BAC.
An airport official said it was unclear what would happen to the fees, said to be the lowest in the region, after next July.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- Etihad, Greek airline sign codeshare
- Flynas scores 91pc in customer satisfaction
- Flora plans $204m property expansion in Dubai
- Dubai sees Ukraine tourist numbers up 29pc