Countdown begins for Bahrain Boat Show
Manama, November 10, 2011
Countdown has begun for Bahrain’s biggest boat show, which aims to facilitate growth within the marine leisure industry.
The third annual Bahrain Boat Show International (BBSI), which will kick off at Amwaj Marina at 4 pm on November 23, will cater to the industry’s finest with a comprehensive entertainment program to compliment the four-day event, said Knotika Holding, the organiser.
The event is held under the patronage of Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa and in partnership with Bahrain’s Economic Development Board.
Tamkeen’s Bahrain Enterprise Development scheme aimed at extending financial assistance to 30 marine enterprises coupled with the Ministry of Information’s support in communicating the importance of the leisure marine industry has helped BBSI 2011 reel in some of the biggest industry players who have expressed their full support and excitement about this milestone international event, said a statement.
BBSI 2011 will feature about 100 exhibitors including those returning from last year such as Al Daen Craft, Art Marine, Sunseeker, Intercol UMT, St. Martin, Intrepid, System and Technology, Arabian Marina, and Bo Craft among the largest in the industry. This year will also include the magnificent super yacht enclosure with corporate paddocks, official car lounge and VIP area for Gold ticket holders and the Royal Lounge for EDB guests.
Several activities and exciting entertainment are part of the program this year including a sailing competition, a cultural village, marine education zone, The Islands art gallery, remote exhibit arena, a boat mall, floating lounge, live music, Kid Zone and several announcements of feature exhibits.
In addition to this, those who buy their tickets before November 21 will receive exclusive discounts and will enter a raffle draw to win a St. Martins Speed boat, with engine and trailer.
BBSI 2011 enables the whole family to experience and discover the joys of the marine leisure world by attracting not only those who already hold a passion for the lifestyle, but also those who are learning about the opportunities it has to offer.
BBSI will be limiting its tickets to 15,000 and expects visitors from Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and the UAE to attend the four-day event including a large number of boating community members from around the world.
A range of different ticket options are available to buy in advance from City Centre, Amwaj Marina and all OSN and Viva outlets across Bahrain, as well as at the door during the show. BBSI is open daily from November 23-26 from 4pm – 10pm. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers