Etihad may place $2.5bn Boeing order
Abu Dhabi, November 12, 2011
Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways may buy an additional 12 aircraft from Boeing, including 10 787 Dreamliners and two 777 jets, sources familiar with the matter said on Saturday.
The value of the deal, if signed, is expected to be around $2.5 billion based on the average list price of the aircraft. Etihad and Boeing declined to comment.
It was unclear if the announcement of the deal would be made at the Air Show in Dubai, Abu Dhabi's neighbour and home to rival airline Emirates.
Etihad was expected to have a low presence at the event, set to be dominated by Emirates and Qatar Airways.-Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA relaxes rules on electronic device use
- Flight options to boost Mideast-Asia travel
- Air Arabia eyes more Bahrain flights
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal