Ritz-Carlton wins palace hotel award at WTA
Riyadh, January 16, 2012
The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh has been named the World’s Leading Palace Hotel at the World Travel Awards held recently in Doha.
“It is a remarkable achievement to receive such a valuable award,” says Jean-Francois Laurent, general manager of The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh.
“I present this award to our ladies and gentlemen who have shown an exemplary efforts and dedication during the last crucial time of opening our hotel."
World Travel Awards was launched to acknowledge and recognise excellence in the global travel and tourism industry. The most important decision-makers in global travel and tourism attended the show, which was held in partnership with Qatar Tourism Authority, at Katara Cultural Village.
Votes were casted by 213,000 travel professionals including travel agencies, tour and transport companies and tourism organizations in more than 160 countries across the globe.
The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh palatial interior, architectural design and landscaping together with the legendary service and signature attention to detail provided by its staff has made it unique and created a marriage of style and sense of place within the Middle East, a statement from the hotel said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard