Gulf Air selected as FlightStats finalist
Manama, January 16, 2012
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, has been selected as a finalist in the third annual FlightStats On-time Performance Service Awards.
Gulf Air CEO, Samer Majali, said: “2011 saw our average on time performance at 75 percent, well above the industry standard, with our under 15-minute on time performance at 88 percent.”
FlightStats, the industry leader in flight information services, holds the OPS Awards in recognition of airlines that deliver the highest percentage of flights to their arrival gates within 15-minutes of the scheduled arrival time.
Other finalists include Japan Airlines International, All Nippon Airways and Royal Dutch Airlines, a statement from the airline company said.
The annual awards are well respected among the aviation industry as recognition of airline and airport achievements and operational strength, the statement said.
FlightStats has been tracking on-time performance since 2004, tracking over 150,000 flights per day (nearly 80 percent of all scheduled passenger flights globally). The winners will be announced on January 23, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain