Yas Marina berth occupancy doubles
Abu Dhabi, March 6, 2012
Berth occupancy at Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina, operated and managed by Camper & Nicholsons Marinas, has doubled in the last six months.
Yas Marina general manager Cedric Le Rest said: “We are extremely pleased to see the increased occupancy levels at Yas Marina and believe this is due to our extremely competitive annual berth rates – which now include an F1 berth.
"Our VIP Privilege Card also offers berth holders a variety of discounts and value added services to Yas Island facilities. We expect to see the numbers continue to increase over the coming months, particularly following our participation at the Dubai International Boat Show which starts next week,” he said.
The Dubai International Boat Show represents a significant event in the region’s marine calendar and Yas Marina will be participating in the 20th anniversary event being held from March 13 - 17.
Located at stand CH-11, staff will be available to discuss both the 2012 annual berth rates (starting from Dh16,455 inclusive of a berth at 2012 Formula 1 week) and the 2012 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Grand Prix berthing tariffs which start from Dh10,395.
The competitive tariffs, coupled with the success of Yas Island Show Weekends, featuring international superstars such as Madonna, Janet Jackson and Elton John have helped to reinforce Yas Marina’s position as an attractive home port for yachts of all sizes, said the company.
One superyacht to have recently taken an annual berth at Yas Marina is the 95m Indian Empress. Captain Jari justified his decision to berth at Yas Marina due to the “competitive pricing and value for money”.
Yas Marina features a variety of dining and entertainment options ranging from fine dining at Cipriani or Yotto, to more casual settings like Stars 'N' Bars and the vibrant Allure Night Club by Cipriani.
Located at the heart of the Yas Marina Circuit on Yas Island and located 10 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport, 20 minutes from central Abu Dhabi and 45 minutes from Dubai, Yas Marina has 143 berths for yachts up to 150m in size. Visitors to the marina can enjoy easy access to pristine coastlines, 200 uninhabited islands and the nearby cosmopolitan cities. -TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall