First St Regis hotel set to open in Doha
Doha, March 28, 2012
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, which currently operates nearly 50 hotels in the Middle East, will open Qatar’s first St Regis hotel, the St Regis Doha, on March 31.
The luxury hotel is part of the new luxury waterfront Al Gassar Resort development, and is centrally located between the city’s cultural heritage sites and its emerging commercial hub.
The St Regis Doha is owned by Alfardan Group Holdings and will feature 10 distinctive culinary experiences. The hotel will also offer St Regis’s legendary butler service, which has been specifically tailored to cater to visitors from within the Middle East, according to a statement.
The St Regis Doha has introduced an opening offer valid until June 30. The rate starts at QR1,900 ($522) per night for a superior room and offers complimentary benefits including a Jazz at Lincoln Center welcome gift, in-room Wi-Fi internet access, a 30-minute spa massage and a St Regis afternoon tea ritual in Sarab Lounge.
“We are delighted to partner with Alfardan Group as we introduce the St Regis brand to Qatar with the opening of the St Regis Doha,” said Roeland Vos, president, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa and Middle East.
“St Regis Hotels & Resorts exemplify luxury, elegance and impeccable service. With the opening of this magnificent hotel, Starwood continues to lengthen its lead in luxury hospitality, offering guests exceptional levels of service in a wide range of destinations around the world.”
“As the centrepiece of Al Gassar Resort, the St Regis Doha perfectly complements the development’s unmatched luxury, sophistication and elegance as one of the world’s leading luxury hotels that provides the highest levels of exclusivity and hospitality,” said Omar Al Fardan, president of Resorts Development Company and Alfardan Group.
“This exceptional beach front hotel translates the luxury offerings of what Alfardan Group is known for; from its impeccable standards, innovation and customized service. We are proud to have St Regis Doha added to our portfolio as a unique masterpiece at Al Gassar Resort as we foresee this development to be the desired destination for any traveller to Qatar and the region.”
The St Regis Doha will feature 336 luxuriously-appointed guest rooms, including 70 elegant suites and two 600 sq m Presidential suites, designed by the internationally acclaimed Wilson Associates and all offering views of the Arabian Gulf.
The hotel’s distinctive architecture, created by Dar Al Handasah, will provide an elegant showcase of contemporary design fused with traditional Arabic touches, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely