Ferrari World to launch Italian themed event
Abu Dhabi, April 2, 2012
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world’s largest indoor themes park, is set to launch a nine-day extravaganza populating the park with fun and interactive scenes that highlight the best of Italian culture.
Italia! Italia! will run from April 6 to 14.
“Italy is a diverse and fascinating country, with lots of things to experience.” said Giorgio Starace, the Italian Ambassador to the UAE.
“From food to luxury goods, from beautiful landscapes to fast cars. We are glad to see many aspects of the Italian experience come to life here in Abu Dhabi.”
Alessandra Priante, the Italian Cultural Attache’ for the Gulf Area added, “We hope families will take the opportunity to sample the amazing cultural flavor of Italy on offer during this unique event at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.”
Guests to the Park will be able to start their tour in the Italian capital, by enjoying the sight of a charming Roman street cafe or taking a trip back in time to Rome’s glorious past alongside armoured soldiers.
Kids can watch one of their favourite fairy tales come to life with the interactive puppet show of Pinocchio and the toy maker before moving onto Verona, for a chance to meet with characters from another famous tale set in Italy – Romeo and Juliet.
Little fashionistas and football fans can visit the Milan activity area, where they will get to play the celebrity fashion icon – with their very own fashion shoot and posse of paparazzi – or pit their keepy-uppy and shoot-out skills against an expert goal keeper in a Beat the Goalie competition.
A professional football freestyler will also enthrall the crowds with a dynamic show of tricks and kicks.
For the very first time in the UAE, guests will also get the chance to catch a bit of Napoli pizza culture with one of the highlights of “Italia! Italia!” ‒ the World Champion Pizza Throwers – entertaining the crowd with their high-flying creations every day during the event.
From the authentic street scenes to a chance to indulge their creative side, children can visit Little Italy – where they can practice their pasta art and paper pizza-making skills in the dedicated Arts & Crafts section.
“The Italia! Italia! extravaganza will offer visitors to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi a chance to not only immerse themselves in a legendary Italian brand but to discover the sights and attractions that make Italy one of the most culturally exciting destinations in the world,” said Andy Keeling, park manager of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
“Visitors to the Park will be transported to Ferrari’s homeland through all the activities and surprises we have in store and children in particular will have plenty to excite their imaginations,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks