Bahrain heritage fest opens ahead of F1
Manama, April 17, 2012
A major heritage carnival at the iconic Bab Al Bahrain and old suq in Bahrain opened last night (April 16) ahead of this weekend's Bahrain Gulf Air Grand Prix.
Inaugurated by Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa, the event aims at attracting tourists for a first-hand taste of Bahrain's centuries-old civilisation and heritage.
"Manama - City of Joy" reveals facets of traditional life and handicraft.
Shaikha Mai described the event as an ideal opportunity to woo visitors and tourists to get a taste of daily Bahraini life and genuine hospitality. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Saudi builder in deal to develop One&Only resort
- Forum to map out Arab tourism strategies
- Turkish Airlines adds 4 new destinations
- Moroccan tourism revenue up 6pc in Jan
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Dubai T2 expansion boosts flydubai growth
- Etihad to acquire Abu Dhabi airport services firms
- Jordan airport sees record passenger traffic
- Boeing delivers 777-300 jetliner to Saudia
- Kuwait Airways signs Airbus deal