Bahrain heritage fest opens ahead of F1
Manama, April 17, 2012
A major heritage carnival at the iconic Bab Al Bahrain and old suq in Bahrain opened last night (April 16) ahead of this weekend's Bahrain Gulf Air Grand Prix.
Inaugurated by Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa, the event aims at attracting tourists for a first-hand taste of Bahrain's centuries-old civilisation and heritage.
"Manama - City of Joy" reveals facets of traditional life and handicraft.
Shaikha Mai described the event as an ideal opportunity to woo visitors and tourists to get a taste of daily Bahraini life and genuine hospitality. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc
- Oman Air- Turkish Airlines in codeshare deal