InterCon Doha opens top restaurant
Doha , April 22, 2012
InterContinental Doha The City will open Strata, its signature lounge and restaurant that offers stunning panoramic views of the city, on April 30.
The restaurant is located on levels 55 and 56 of the West Bay tower.
Serving an array of chilled seafood, Strata promises to deliver a unique gastronomic experience for diners along with a stylish lounge to relax and catch up with friends and clients, said a statement.
Offering the most elevated dining experience in Doha, Strata has an exciting, modern menu which includes seafood platters for sharing, hand-carved and selected sushi and sashimi, alongside a range of contemporary dishes.
Trained in the art of molecular gastronomy, chefs at Strata will use cooking techniques such as sous-vide and spherification to create original menus that will bring a new perspective to Doha’s culinary landscape.
Renzo Cavagliotti, general manager of InterContinental Doha The City, said: “With its impressive location, unrivalled views and the finest and most fresh seafood-based cuisine, Strata will provide an exclusive new destination for an indulgent night out. Diners at Strata will enjoy experimental new cuisine along with classic seafood delicacies. InterContinental Doha The City is bringing a new concept to Doha’s burgeoning gastronomic scene which will elevate and delight in equal measures.”
Strata joins the decadent chocolatier – Criollo; the all-day dining restaurant – The Square; and the buzzing Hive lounge, which all opened in recent weeks at the hotel.
In the coming weeks, the new hotel is set to open an authentic Lebanese restaurant along with a high-end restaurant specialising in the finest steak and grilled meat dishes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit