UAE dates win big at China expo
Abu Dhabi, May 19, 2012
The UAE dates have been named the best selling product at SIAL China 2012, the Asian edition of one of the world's top food exhibitions held recently at Shanghai.
The organisers of SIAL China awarded a certificate to Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority (ADFCA), which put together the UAE pavilion that comprised some of the country's top dates companies.
This honour is likely to boosting the commercial prospects of the UAE agricultural products in international market, said ADFCA which had promoted the UAE dates vigorously at the exhibition held from May 9 to 11 in Shanghai.
The winners were declared close on the heels of the exhibition, following a judging process, which took into account the the quality and high nutritional value of UAE dates as well as the high demands for them from visitors and investors.
ADFCA Pavilion hosted some of the UAE’s largest date production companies such as Al Foah Company, Liwa Dates, Emirates Delight Dates Factory and Royal Dates Company.
Commenting on the win, Rashid Mohamed Al Shariqi, the director general of ADFCA, said: “ We owe this great achievement to Sheikh Mansoor bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy PM, Minister of Presidential Affairs and chairman of ADFCA for his efforts to support dates, and his encouragement to compete in international markets. This important award is sure to enhance the international profile of UAE dates.'
'The active participation of national companies at the exhibition was the determining factor. Their high quality products attracted more than 10,000 visitors to our pavilion as well as huge investor demands from China, France and Japan for marketing UAE dates in their respective countries.'
'This has opened up new and hitherto largely unexplored new market opportunities. Through our participation, we were also able to rope in many companies to participate in SIAL Middle East and the Emirates Date Palm Festival,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares