UAE flight academy launches IPad for training
Abu Dhabi, May 21, 2012
Horizon International Flight academy, which is set within the boundary of Al Ain International Airport, has introduced the IPad for the ground school (theoretical knowledge) training course.
Using the IPad as a teaching aide for the theoretical knowledge phase completely transforms the learning environment and makes the instructor – cadet time more effective due to interactive training aides, said a statement from the academy.
Launching the IPad at the academy, Hareb Thani Al Dhaheri, the Horizon’s CEO said, "We are happy to introduce this new technology which will greatly improve the learning experience for the cadets and also prepare them for the complex cockpits that they will fly from upon graduation."
“Though aircraft technology has evolved over time, the initial training has basically remained unchanged. We are sending students to very complex aircraft, and want to ensure that we remain at the cutting edge of technology,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar drops bid to shift ICAO from Montreal
- BA plane makes emergency landing after engine fire
- Jet Airways shareholders approve Etihad deal
- Middle East Hotel Awards held
- Pacific World announces UAE, Oman launch
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Emirates to increase flights to Colombo
- Etihad Airways appoints new GM
- Oman Air to buy three A330 planes
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens