Bahrain launches 'safe travel' campaign
Manama, June 9, 2012
The Bahrain Foreign Ministry has launched a week-long campaign on its Twitter account ahead of summer vacations in co-ordination with Consular Directorate under the slogan "Travel Guide Tips".
The ministry's Media, Studies and Research Directorate said the initiative is aimed at enhancing citizens' awareness to avert any potential problems they may face this summer abroad.
The campaign features 10 tweets daily, in both Arabic and English. The tweets urge citizens to avoid travelling to unstable zones, respect laws and regulations in the countries they are planning to visit, commit to security instructions there and co-operate fully whenever necessary.
The tweets advise Bahrainis to avoid zones witnessing rallies and riots and make sure their passports are valid for at least six months.
In case of potential problems, citizens should contact Bahrain's diplomatic missions or GCC embassies to seek assistance, said the ministry.
It also advised Bahrainis travelling abroad to be cautious when renting flats or car and ensure terms of contracts are legal.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA relaxes rules on electronic device use
- Flight options to boost Mideast-Asia travel
- Air Arabia eyes more Bahrain flights
- Double delivery takes Emirates A380 fleet to 44
- Boeing wins $7bn Cathay Pacific order
- Qatar Airways launches online visa system
- Etihad in talks on $413m Alitalia investment
- W Doha Hotel wins top award
- Boom time for UAE hospitality sector
- Sanad, airberlin ink financing deal