Summer fest kicks off in Bahrain
Manama, June 16, 2012
Hundreds of families flocked to enjoy the official opening ceremony of the fourth annual Bahrain Summer Festival which kicked off on Friday under the theme "Manama, City of Joy."
The four-week festival is being held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre (BIECC) until July 15 under the patronage of Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa.
The summer festival offers a wide variety of exciting and elegant artistic and cultural performances by international artists.
Nakhool City, in which Nakhool, the festival mascot, interacts with guests, was also launched yesterday.
Visitors will be able to take part in free cultural, educational and fun activities for children such as electronic games, technical colouring and painting workshops, a professional photography camp and a puppet camp amongst other interactive programmes at the city daily from 2pm to 7pm.
Some of the major highlights include Russian theatrical performance, Slava's Snow Show, one of the world's renowned musicals, the Sound of Music, a performance by the region's top hip hop artist Qusai and Bahrain's own Hala Al Turk.
This year the line-up of spectacular shows includes a plethora of educational and artistic events such as Slava’s Snowshow created and staged by Slava Polunin; the Wooden Circus by Karramoto; renowned Turkish musician, Omar Faruk Tekbilek; Saudi rapper Qusai aka Don Legend the Kamelion in collaboration with DJ Outlaw and Flipperachi; a concert by the young local talent, Hala Alturk, and performances of the West End family favourite, The Sound of Music.
Tickets are required for all events, except for Nakhool City and the Wooden Circus.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Renaissance to host 'day of discovery'
- Boeing clinches $30bn Dreamliner-10 orders
- Accor overhauls Pullman, targets 150 hotels
- Gulf Air official reappointed to key post
- Loss-making Abu Dhabi TDIC sells key project
- Crowne Plaza Jordan gets food safety certification
- Oman Air, Travelport in seat assignment deal
- Kuwait Marriott unveils summer deals
- Tilal Liwa offers ‘traditional Ramadan experience’
- Etihad mulls equity stake in Serbian airline