Travelport, Nakhal & Cie renew GDS tie-up
Beirut, June 18, 2012
US-based Travelport, a business services provider to the global travel industry, has re-affirmed its GDS (global distribution system) partnership with Nakhal & Cie, a major travel and tourism agency in Lebanon.
The renewed agreement will see the Beirut-headquartered agency deploying Travelport’s Galileo system for another three years.
Nakhal and Travelport-Lebanon have been working closely together for several years, establishing a mutually beneficial collaboration that now extends into the online space, with Travelport also powering Nakhal’s web portal hoojoozat.com, a top online travel site in the Arab world.
As a specialist hotel aggregator and ground transportation provider, Hoojoozat.com content is also available through Travelport’s own non-air portal Rooms and More.
“Our renewed agreement with Travelport-Lebanon is a reflection of the confidence and value we place in the Galileo GDS and the Travelport organisation,” said Jean El Zailaa, Ticketing and Airlines director, Nakhal & Cie.
“In addition to extending our retail distribution relationship, we are working with Travelport in building our respective online hotel offerings and look forward to new and exciting projects in that space.”
Najwa Tarabah, general manager of Travelport-Lebanon, said: “We are delighted to renew our partnership with Nakhal, building on a longstanding, collaborative relationship.”
“Despite the agency’s long history within the travel and tourism industry, they have always been early adopters of new distribution technology and have been invaluable partners in both the leisure and corporate travel segments.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Abu Dhabi MICE sector ‘growth to continue’
- Etihad appoints senior VP sales
- Air Arabia to distribute 7.25pc cash dividends
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan opens
- Top firms plan Dubai World Central move
- Ferrari Land theme park to open in Spain
- Hilton to open 125-room hotel in Saudi
- Abu Dhabi runway closed for upgradation work
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog