Oman Air sponsors Salalah tourism fest
Muscat, June 24, 2012
Oman Air, the national airline of the Sultanate of Oman, has announced that it is this year’s official carrier and main sponsor of the Salalah Tourism Festival.
The Festival, which takes place between June 21 and July 18, is a cultural extravaganza which celebrates the unique heritage of Oman’s most southerly Governorate.
Wayne Pearce, chief executive officer, Oman Air, said: “We are delighted to be playing a leading role in supporting the Salalah Tourism Festival, which draws people from all over the world to join in celebrating the rich history, culture and traditions of this beautiful area of Oman.”
“Moreover, the festival coincides with the Khareef (monsoon season) which, whilst the rest of the Gulf is basking in intense summer heat, brings cooling rains, lush greenery and bright flowers to the area.”
Over 1.8 million visitors are expected at the Salalah Tourism Festival, which is held in the town also known as Arabia’s Perfume Capital.
A host of attractions, including dolphin shows, an international circus, concerts and Omani folk shows will showcase the finest entertainment that Oman has to offer. Visitors will also have the opportunity to visit the Heritage Village, and a special Shopping Fair will run alongside the main Festival, offering a glimpse into Omani fashion, and displaying both traditional Omani and imported products.
Oman Air Holidays has joined forces with a number of hotels in the area, in all price brackets, to offer a range of special promotions, including discounted rates, free Iftar dinners and free extra nights’ stay.
To assist the thousands of additional visitors to the area, Oman Air is also adding more flights to its current schedule of 82 flights per month from Muscat to Salalah. From June 13-30 an extra 38 flights will be offered, and 148 extra flights per month will be operated from July to September.
“Oman Air is honoured to have supported the Salalah Tourism Festival since its inception, and this is a reflection of our commitment to celebrating Oman’s diversity, showcasing Salalah as a unique and authentic destination and developing greater levels of in-bound tourism,” Pearce said.
“I invite everyone to visit omanair.com and make the most of our latest, great-value promotional packages, to come to Oman and experience our renowned hospitality, and to learn about what this wonderful country has to offer,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad to fly three times a day to Moscow
- Etihad Regional to lease 4 ATR aircraft
- Etihad soars high with record $6.1bn revenue
- Plaza opens lounges at Bengaluru
- Mövenpick opens organic hotel in Egypt
- Abu Dhabi to expand trade engagement programme
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares