Etihad suspends flights to Damascus
Abu Dhabi, August 31, 2012
Etihad Airways, one of the UAE's flag carriers, said on Thursday it had suspended flights to Damascus until further notice because of security concerns.
"The decision, while not taken lightly, has been made due to the deteriorating security position in Syria," a statement by the airline said.
The website of the UAE's another airline, Emirates, says flights to Damascus remain operational. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Summit explores future of regional travel industry
- AirAsiaX to buy 25 new Airbus jets
- Dusit launches premium hotel brand
- Etihad names new Kenya GM
- Emirates expands European Tour portfolio
- Gulf Air executive names AACO unit chief
- Air France celebrates 30 years of flying to Saudi
- Turkish Airlines to install 80 Sita kiosks
- BA launches Europe travel sale in UAE
- Etihad signs $3.3m deal with VisitBritain